Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 7 - Episode 2 - Night Shots

Believe me, Athens must be seen at night with a different look. My night out for photography was perfect! It's not possible to describe it with words...

To tell the truth, I was just hanging around till that moment. I mean, having a passion for photography is something else. Bert has it, but I'm not like this in normal times. (I won't say a word about Japanese tourist Katie :) ) Yes, I realize very nice frames but I'm not into to shoot that much...in Barcelona, I shot too many photos, maybe it was because of my 'first trip abroad' pscyhology. I don't know. That's why, I left my camera in my room on my first 3 days in Athens and took it back when Bert arrived. And that night, I decided to catch some frames because I loved Athens at night...

This time when I left the hotel, my perception was completely different than the previous days. It wasn't dark at all, sunset came along on my way to Syntagma. People were looking at me on streets because sometimes I was just lying on the pavement to align the angle :)

Of course my camera wasn't good at night shots again, so I tried to set the most accurate exposure values all the time. It's tiring, but what can I do? It's still good than my previous one. I have to learn how to live with it. It is a 'he' I guess, and as we all know none of the 'he's in my life are normal. Yip is perfect at picking problematic males even he is a camera! They need care always, decide not to work all of a sudden, run out of batteries even if loaded recently...ooof! Life is hard! :)

There was a man with a wheelchair around the Evangelismos metro station. He was acting like Grouchy Smurf and I got scared to take a pic of him by showing. For that reason I hided myself behind the metro map thing, and try to catch him between the metal lines. It was like a paparazzi shooting. I could take a wonderful pic if a stupid teenager didn't stand in front of him for 20 mins by talking on the phone. Kill Vodafone because of its special offers!!!!!!!!!!

I walked to the Monastiraki square, and then decided to go back to eat something. The street from Syntagma to Monastiraki was my favorite place. I know that there are 3 different ones but my best is the very left one when you give your back to the Syntagma square. I went to a cafe that I planned to go before. They didn't have so nice things to eat but the concept was good. There were some Chinese girls next to that were speaking very fast! I called Katie when I was there, and we spoke for half an hour I guess. Now, I miss it too much. To call her and talk to her that long...ouf! :(

After that I had a walk to Flea Market to see the graffitis at night. Ayh, it was perfect...and there was a fashion shooting there. I stayed for a little while and helped them a little. Then I realized that I'm on holiday, why was I still standing there??? It is a professional deformation, that we can't stop ourselves....

Because Katie mum told me not to be too late, I decided to go back, also it was almost midnight and I didn't want to walk back to hotel. Walking to the center was fun but going back? Hell no!

Ah, and I spoke Greek all night. In the cafe, on street, with the guy who asked for my lighter...Nai, I did it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment